Can You Engage the Disengaged Employee?
Webinar | 1 1/2 Hours | 2.0 CE Credits
Do you frustrate over the employee who shows low energy on the job? Do you look at a few of your teammates in the workplace and think they are just showing up for a paycheck? When was the last time you found yourself at the end of your rope trying to engage an employee? It’s time to tune into this webinar that explores how to engage the employee who isn’t pulling his or her fair share of the load.
There is no magic wand, but more common than not there is more a manager can and must do to address lack of cooperation or lagging performance. Learn what to do with troublemakers, whiners, and naysayers.
What You Will Learn
• Why some people appear motivated and some don’t
• As a manager what techniques have proven to be very helpful in prompting the employee to evaluate if what they are doing is a match on the job
• How to start the conversation
• What steps to take when an employee doesn’t follow through on specific tasks and responsibilities
• What your role and responsibility is as a manager
• How to plan, collaborate, and document with your employee
Who Should Attend
Supervisors, managers and trainers will benefit from this skill building webinar.
About the Presenter
Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 25 years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and banking associations across the country. Her extensive banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with First Victoria National Bank. Nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over a half million bankers have participated in programs Honey has presented. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality have left her lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.