BSA for Lenders
Webinar | 1 Hour | CE Credits: 1.25
Without proper training, your financial institution’s lenders and lending staff
may be inadvertently involved with financial crimes. During this webinar,
participants will learn how to have conversations with account holders, how
to respond to incorrect information on loan applications, common schemes
involving loans and what to do and who to tell when caught in a “felony
moment”. This BSA program is strictly for lenders and lending staff and will
complete their annual BSA training requirements.
• Customer Due Diligence Rules
• What is suspicious activity reporting?
• Red flags for mortgage loans, commercial loans, and consumer loans
• Common schemes and financial crimes involving loans
• When do I let BSA know there is a “red flag”?
• How do I respond to account holder inquiries on deposits?
• What other components of BSA may be important?
• What is OFAC and who do I run OFAC on?
• Requirements to complete annual BSA training
Who Should Attend
This webinar will be beneficial to lenders, BSA officers, loan operations, loan compliance, loan operations and loan support staff.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 28 years of combined teaching and banking experience.