New Account School (A 2-Day Study)
November 8 - November 9
Upcoming Live Training
New Account School (A 2-Day Study)
BSA Officer Update & Training
Deposit Operations Update
Opening Alabama Deposit Accounts
Opening Mississippi Deposit Accounts
Opening Texas Deposit Accounts
IRA Operations Update
Event Cost: $499.00
2-Day Virtual Class | November 8 & 9, 2023 | 9:00am – 3:00pm CENTRAL Time each day
This two-day class is a study of new account ownership types you may open at your financial institution. These ownership types have paperwork, signature card and resolutions which help us create authority and liability protection for our financial institution. What paperwork can you get? How should accounts be titled? What is the IRS reporting? What recommended documents for CIP?
During this program we will focus on the legal ownerships that a customer might have from birth to death.
- Single Party Accounts
- Multiple Party Accounts
- Closing Accounts and removing owners
- What happens when an owner dies, remarries, divorces
- POD and Living Trusts
- What happens on trusts when the owners die?
- Opening Accounts for Minors—UTMAs, Joint, POD
- What happens when the minor dies?
- Court Ordered Estates and Guardianships
- Fiduciary Accounts—Social Security Rep Payees, VA Fiduciary, POAs
- What happens when the fiduciary dies or the owner?
Day Two: Business Accounts
Beneficial Ownership Rules—National Database will be established!
- Sole Proprietorship
- Three kinds of partnerships
- Limited Liability Companies—Single Member and Multiple Member Corporations
- Corporations—S and C
- Agency Accounts
- 1031 Exchange accounts
- Nonprofit Corporations
- Nonprofit organizations—clubs, benefits, charities
- Changing owners signers during the life of the business and at an owners death
- What happens when a business is sold
- What happens on resolutions, signature cards and beneficial ownership certification at death
- Changes pending on beneficial ownership what is going to happen
You will receive a New Account Handbook
Who Should Attend: Customer service representatives, personal bankers, call center representatives, branch managers, tellers, branch operations, and training.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Florida-based firm, specializing in the education of banks across the nation. Her 40+ years of banking and teaching experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Deborah’s specialty is in the deposit side of the financial institution where she teaches seminars on regulations, documentation, insurance, and Individual Retirement Accounts.
The cost to attend this two-day seminar is $499 for one connection each day*. *You may have as many listeners as you wish for your ONE connection (ONE computer login). If you would like additional logins for additional locations/computers, please contact our office or note names and email addresses in the comments sections of the registration form. A fee of $200 will be billed for each additional login. Please register the person you wish to receive the log-in and handouts links.
Registration fees include instruction, live interaction with the instructor, an updated New Deposit Accounts Manual (digital), and a link to the recordings of the classes. (You will have unlimited access to the recording for 90 days.)
Cancellation and More Information
Full registration fees will be refunded if a cancellation is received on or before ten business days prior to the meeting. If the date of cancellation is less than ten days prior to the meeting, a $75 processing fee will be retained. No refunds will be given for cancellations made the day of the program. If you need additional information, please call (888) 773-4839.